Monday, March 14, 2011

Granddaddy To The Rescue


Mommy and Big Sister had just walked out the door early this morning--so early it was still dark outside. The baby was asleep upstairs and I had just poured a cup of coffee and was thinking about what to write this morning. It was going to be about how I love the return to calm on Monday mornings.

Then there was this little tap on the back door. It was Big Sister. The car was still in the garage and Mommy was furiously reading the owners manual trying to figure out what was wrong. Something to do with the 4-wheel drive being locked. (Ummmm... I was the last one to drive it--think it could have been something I did?) Big Sister kept saying, "We're going to be late. We're going to be late." Yep, that was pretty much a given.

After many futile attempts to get the car into drive, we decided they would have to take my car. We all raced around to moving things from one car to the other. Big Sister got settled inside my car about the time I managed to set off the car alarm. Now this house sits in a cul de sac that is so quiet you can hear a leaf fall.

I raced to get my car keys from Mommy who was gathering up things from her car and we managed to drop the keys in the dark garage. The alarm was still blaring. And when I did find the keys, I had no clue how to shut the alarm off. I just kept pressing all the buttons over and over until God took pity on me and the neighbors and that awful noise finally stopped.

That took care of getting them to school but Mommy's car was still stuck in the garage. So I did what I always do when a crisis arises. I called Granddaddy. I'm not sure what he had planned for his day, but he put on his cape and came to our rescue. Super Granddad! I love Granddaddy.

1 comment:

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.