Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Please, Sir, I Want Some More *


I wasn't around this weekend for the first two attempts at feeding cereal to Baby Sister. I think I missed the best part--where she was quite puzzled with the strange stuff being poked into her mouth. It rolled around in her mouth and then rolled out of her mouth. Last night was bowl #3 and by this time, that little mouth popped open as soon as she saw the spoon headed her way. And like little Oliver Twist, she would have liked more when the bowl was empty.


Now if you grew up when I did, you read Dick Tracy in the comics and thought his two-way wrist radio was pretty cool--but purely imagined. Oh, how far we've come! Last night's cereal event was attended (by way of iChat) by Aunt Jessica who lives in another state. I'm happy to learn how to use new technologies when I can. But using them doesn't make them any less amazing. I'm still dazzled by things like iChat and Skype, which happily make those long distances feel smaller.

Wonder if Baby Sister thinks Aunt Jessica lives in the computer?


* Quote from Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love skype - it has been a lifesaver these past few years as my fam is on the other side of the world - SO different from when I first came to the States 30 years ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.