Monday, July 11, 2011

On Duty

For the month of July, I am back on full time "grandmother duty," keeping both girls while Mommy teaches a grad class this summer. But just afternoons this time. That means I have time to make a dinner plan before I leave each day. Granddaddy gets real suppers in July!


I was home before 6:00 tonight. Supper took less than 15 minutes to put on the table. I made pasta salad this morning before I left, using up some of our garden produce. It's a huge recipe if you need to take food to someone. It will make enough for you and enough to share.



I cooked tilapia when I got home. Just sprinkle a couple of tilapia filets with Cajun seasoning and pan saute in a little oil. That's it. Super simple. Super good. Got this recipe from daughter Jessica on her blog.  She's a great cook.



Cajun Tilapia

2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 tilapia filets
Cajun seasoning

Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle seasoning generously and evenly over both sides of the filets. Cook about 4-5 minutes on each side (depending on thickness), until it reaches desired degree of doneness.


Berroco Comfort yarn
Size 8, 29-in. circular needles

Big Sister knows that one of Mimi's "rules" is to never say the words, "I'm bored." So today she spelled it out. "Mimi, I'm b-o-r-e-d." She had read. We had played Trouble. And both of us had played lots with the baby. It was too hot to go out. The heat here was in the mid-90s with humidity that was about 500%.

That made it a great time to pull out the knitting again. (While Baby Sister was napping.) Big Sister started a new dishcloth (and cleaned out her knitting bag) while I started a new baby blanket. Both projects are the easy kind. The kind you want to do when it's too hot to do anything. It's supposed to be even hotter as the week goes on. She and I may finish our projects if we need to stay in most of the week. Maybe we will find a winter movie to watch while Baby Sister naps and we knit.




Wishing we were back at the lake. Or even better---in the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.