Sunday, September 30, 2012

Shower For A Bride


We are still nibbling on bridal shower leftovers from yesterday's party. It was so nice to have a morning shower. The time seemed to suit everyone. And it was fun to plan a menu with a breakfast focus. Since our menu had a breakfast theme, "Love Muffins" were a fun favor for each guest to take home--just a cute label with the bride & groom's name and the wedding date, with muffin mix inside.


As we were planning this shower, the co-host made a comment about me being the "hostess-with-the-mostest" and I told her, "No, that's not me. I go to church with her." And I do. I asked my good friend Joanne (the best hostess ever) if she had any brunch/breakfast recipes I might make for this party. She gladly shared the following recipe and said I could pass it on to you. These tarts were the hit of the party. There were exactly TWO tarts left from a double batch.


BREAKFAST TARTS

1 (16-oz) can buttermilk biscuits (any kind will be fine)
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. dried basil, optional (fresh would be better. I am sure.)

 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix the ingredients. Cut biscuits horizonally and press into mini muffin pans that are lightly greased.  Fill with the mixture and bake  until biscuits are golden brown, about 15 minutes.

Yield: 16-20 tarts, depending on number of biscuits in can



I wish I had bought an extra can of biscuits because I had some filling left and could have made more tarts. 

Several people have asked what I served. This was our menu: 

Breakfast Tarts (recipe above)
Sausage Balls 
Sweet Potato Biscuits w/Ham
Pumpkin Bread 
Assorted Mini-Muffins 
Fresh Fruit 
Coffee 
Blushing Apple Juleps

The underlined ones are links that will take you to the recipe. I learned years ago to write my menu down and save it. Saves much thinking the next time you have a similar event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.