Sunday, September 9, 2012

Road To Normal


Driving our sick one (she's getting better) back home today. The best thing I could do for Jessica is to make sure she has food in her freezer to get her through the first few days back at work. That, and drive her down the busy interstate. It's what mothers do. Good thing I keep a pretty good stash of things on hand to pack the cooler. 

While I rarely do big-batch cooking for the freezer since it's just two of us at home, I have found that I can make my regular recipes and divide---half for supper, half for the freezer. And in a few days, I have a several meals on hand for the days when cooking is nearly impossible. And enough to send back with her. Hoping she is completely well soon. Bless her. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear she is on the mend. This illness hit her hard. I pray her strength returns quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.