Monday, September 3, 2012

Soup To Soothe


We made it home from the beach safely but managed to bring some kind of nasty bug along with us. I hate to see any of my family sick. There isn't much I can do to help. Except make soup. It isn't medicine but it at least offers a little comfort. Walking in with soup and crackers on a tray makes me feel better, too, because it's a way to say, "I would make you well if I could."

This chicken noodle soup tastes better than canned soup with not much more effort. If you have leftover chicken one night, put a 1-cup container of cut-up cooked chicken (spoon in a little broth if you have it) in the freezer and you’ll be ready for this recipe.


CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

1 (32-oz.) box of chicken broth (I use low-sodium broth)
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced (or diced)
½ cup uncooked medium egg noodles
1 cup cubed cooked chicken
Pepper, to taste

Mix broth, carrot, celery, and pepper in saucepan.  Heat to a boil.  Stir in noodles and chicken.  Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until noodles are done.

Serves 4.


2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I tried the taco lasagna last week and it was super Yum! I cooked all of mine (didn't have 8" pans handy) and froze two more meals. Based on the leftovers in the refrig a couple days later, it's going to heat up quite nicely.

    Also did the root beer pork. Next time I'll use a zestier bbq sauce. Himself said it sure beat the bbq pork sandwich he bought a few days earlier, but I want a bit more zing.

    Thanks for the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everybody is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.