Monday, January 7, 2013

In Reverse


I've always heard "the parent becomes the child" but I didn't expect that to happen to me quite yet. Halfway to Atlanta yesterday I stopped for gas and discovered that I had my handbag—but my wallet was still at home! No drivers license. No credit cards. No cash. No nothing. Except a Starbucks gift card.

It was just an overnight trip to visit Jessica. She had left a few things at home over Christmas and I was taking them back to her. And she was cooking dinner and dessert for us before we watched the season 3 premiere of Downton Abby. The rest of the drive all I could think about was "no drivers license." But thankfully I got there (and back home) without incident.

In a HUGE roll reversal, Jessica filled my car with gas, paid for a few things I needed at the store, gave me a little emergency cash and then this morning sent me home with leftovers! I did give her the Starbucks card. It was the least I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.