Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Sweets


After all the wonderful food we ate this weekend, last night called for a light dessert. This is one of my favorite summer flavor combinations--lemon and blueberries. This is absolutely the easiest dessert I know how to make. But one I would happily serve to my most special guests.


It's always fun to have Jessica home for a few days. This trip she cooked several new dishes for us. You can see some of the recipes on her blog

Here is my easy, easy dessert recipe:

Lemon-Blueberry Dessert

1/2 cup lemon fat-free yogurt (5 oz.)
1/2 cup reduced-fat Cool Whip (use the yogurt container to measure the Cool Whip)
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1- 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
2 to 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
angel food cake

Stir together yogurt, Cool Whip and lemon peel. Spoon over angel food cake. Spoon berries over the top and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with lemon slice and fresh mint leaves.

Topping will make 4-5 servings  (It's easy enough to increase. It is just equal amounts of yogurt and Cool Whip.)

This time I used Greek yogurt because the store didn't have lemon flavor in the regular variety. It was good, but I think I like the regular yogurt best. The regular yogurt makes a softer topping that will ooze down the side of the cake--the Greek kind makes a stiffer topping. But either one tastes good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.