Thursday, May 31, 2012

Busy Morning


I had saved this recipe from an email last week to try later. Had not planned to make it yesterday morning, but you know how plans change. I needed a quick, cool lunch here at home. In a hurry. 

I did have to make a quick trip to the store. But other than that, this was so easy to stir together. Hope our guest enjoyed it. You'll find the recipe below. And my supper for last night was done, too. Leftovers!



There are times when I get to do things not in the kitchen. In the minutes here and there when I get to sit down, I like to pick up my needles and knit a little. Sometimes it's mostly unknitting. But this shawl was simple and I love the end result. Suits Jessica to a tee! It's called Stripe Study Shawl (available for purchase to Ravelry members--free to join) and is made from Malabrigo sock yarn. I want to make another one of these. Soon.


Bow Ties with Tomatoes, Feta, & Balsamic Dressing
  • 6-oz. uncooked bow tie pasta
  • 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
  • 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
  • 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
  • 2 teaspoons capers
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon bottle minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, grapes, and basil in a large bowl.

While pasta cooks, combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradualy add oil to vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle vinaigrette over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Add cheese; toss to combine.

Chill before serving. 

Serves:  4 as a main dish, or 8 as a side dish

I'll confess that in my rush I grabbed a bottle of white wine vinegar instead of white balsamic. It's still good. But I want to try it again with the proper vinegar. 


Recipe featured in Meal Plan Monday #5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, y'all! I love that you've taken time to tell me something here. Makes me feel like we're neighbors.